Saturday, June 21, 2014

Baby Bath Gift Basket

I'm not one to stray away from gift registries. Obviously they're there so you can get people exactly what they want. But one of my oldest and dearest friends is having a baby boy in 9 weeks (oh my gawwwwwd!) and I couldn't just give her any old gift. Sure, the things she has on her registry aren't just any old things to her. She wants them. But I felt that I had to kick it up a notch. So I decided to make a baby bath gift set. Not just any old baby bath gift set. A Crave baby bath gift set. So you know it will be awesome. Plus, it'll be made with love.

I researched some ideas of what to put in it since the last time I received one was when Armani was born 3 1/2 years ago. We didn't have a baby shower or sprinkle with Athan since we had everything we needed. I wrote a list and decided on these things:

Soap
Baby wash (why a wash when I'm giving her soap? I'll explain why in a minute.)
Baby powder
Bath/massage oil
Lotion
Washcloths
Diaper rash ointment

So why give her baby wash when I'm going to give her soap? Simple. There's NO such thing as tear free natural soap. There's a myth that's been going around for years about tear free soaps and shampoos having numbing agents in them but everywhere I've researched says it's just that, a myth. What I've seen is that these products aren't actual soap. They're synthetic detergents. Some do say "soap free" right on the label





I've also heard of neutralizing the soap's pH with chemicals. Natural soap is alkaline, hence why it stings. I've always used tear free baby wash when washing the boys' hair and faces. I use our soap for the rest of their bodies.

For baby soap, I make 100% olive oil soap with goat milk and leave it unscented. This gives an ultra mild, moisturizing bar for baby's sensitive skin. I was running low on my stash so I made some more. I used my flower mold because it gives the soap ridges which helps in holding it while wet.

  

Yeah. My OCD kicked in when I realized I didn't have enough soap to put in that last flower. Here are the Baby Booty Bars all done




I made some lavender baby powder and put it in the cutest jar ever. I'm brainstorming what things I need to put in shakers just so I can buy these for myself. How cute is this?!  I know she'll love this just because of the jar.


I made some baby bath oil that can be used as massage oil too. I infused the oil blend with calendula and chamomile. The lotion I still have to make but I've already labeled the bottle.

I'm not diggin' the labels because I had to cut them down to fit but what I am diggin' is the idea of having a baby product line. Crave Baby. Yay! That'll be coming soon.

The diaper rash ointment is going to be our Natural Body Jelly. It's a moisture barrier plus has vitamin E for healing any rashes.

And for good measure I got Sir David Jr. this


I figured it was wildly appropriate considering that his mommy and I are veterans. I got Athan one too. I couldn't resist.

I'm so excited to give this to her! Stay tuned for Crave Baby line of products making their debut!

Happy sudsing!








No comments:

Post a Comment