Friday, April 11, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week Soap Favors



So this year being the first full school year that my son was in school, Pre-K, it didn’t dawn on me that there is a teacher appreciation week. A couple of customers placed orders for mini cupcakes to give to their children’s teachers. They wanted an apple theme and I was super excited because I knew EXACTLY what I was going to do. So I got to work. But then life throws me the dreaded curveball and ruins all of my plans. Let me explain.

I had wanted to put an apple soap embed as the topper for the minis. I knew exactly where to get the mold so I purchased right away. The day it arrived I started making the toppers. I unmolded the first batch and was immediately disappointed. This is what I got



What's the big deal, you say? It looks like an apple, you say? Yes, I wanted an apple. But I wanted a mini apple. Not a gigantor apple. The picture for this mold on the supplier website was a soap apple next to a dime. Apparently they didn’t have a half dollar laying around (who does anyway) because that’s the size of this apple. This is the size as the mini cupcake base, I couldn’t use this. So I set out to find another solution. It took forever but I finally had an idea. I was going to use my heart soap mold and make apples. Think about it. If you cut off the pointed bottom of a heart what do you have? The shape of an apple.


Here’s the soap setting



These ARE going to work.




I also went and got some fake leaves to add
 




 All together now! The bottoms are red by the way. Can't find the picture for that.


See? I told you it would work. They look so cute and smell AH-MAZE-ING. Can't wait to dress these babies up and package them. Their new owners are going to love them!

I've decided to make this an ongoing thing every year. I will be making regular size cupcake soaps for teacher appreciation week and I'll be able to put the bigger apples on top no problem. 

Happy sudsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment